Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Challenge

With primaries now in full swing and an election nearing, I find that recently I just don't give a damn. It seems more and more likely every day that things will not change. Instead of thinking about the possibilities of a better country here, I have recently resigned myself to thinking about what country I will move to when my husband leaves the military. Honestly, the prospect of moving somewhere that has national health care, a healthy democratic system, and a more peaceful populace has been a lot nicer than chronicling the fall of this nation.

So, here is the challenge:
Convince me that there is anything left to give a damn about. Convince me that I actually matter in the entire contrived process of elections in this country. And convince me that there will be some change as far as foreign policy or health care that will make it worth staying here.