Sunday, February 25, 2007

Conservapedia Insanita

Many people are doing posts on the new conservative alternative to Wikipedia called Conservapedia. I was not going to jump on that bandwagon until I read some of it myself. This is proof that there are some people in this country that really do want to create their own reality. Here are some nuggets that I found:

Ninteenth [sic] Amendment

"In an early example of judicial activism, this amendment was ratified in 1920, as advocates ("suffragettes") cited women's support of World War I to persuade President Woodrow Wilson to change his position from opposing this amendment to supporting it. Women could already vote in many areas of the country, but this amendment guaranteed the right, in violation of the principle of states' rights."
Judicial activism? Really? How?

A slightly more disturbing passage is the one on the Crusades. I find the following point quite scary:
"Some Christians fully defend the Crusades, and proudly compare the United States’ invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq to a modern version of the Crusades."
How about some more crazy:

Liberal:
"Modern liberals are treasonous and generally hate America."
Hate Crime:
"Liberals promote hate crime legislation for two reasons: (1) to publicize and sometimes exaggerate the importance of prejudice and (2) to legitimize certain lifestyles by declaring them to be protected by law. Under the second reason, hate crime legislation is a stepping stone for a lifestyle to become protected under anti-discrimination laws."
THE LEFT:
"The Left is this guy. He must be stopped."
I wish I were making that last one up, but I am not. See here.
But, this is enough for now. There is plenty more to sift through and I may post more in the future. Until then, enjoy these:

Encyclopedia Red State and

I'm assuming many conservatives are embarrassed by Conservapedia