Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Right Wing Delusion

It was about a year ago that I blogged about the disgraceful way in which some soldiers were making it back to the states by being commercially shipped by domestic shipping companies. I had a resident propaganda troll that told me that I was disgusting for disseminating such lies about our military.

Today I ran across this article from Military.com: Law Changes Handling Procedures

A new law that took effect Jan. 1 makes the primary mode of transportation for remains of servicemembers being returned to the U.S. is now military aircraft or military-contracted aircraft. This is a change from the past when commercial service was used to transport the remains of fallen troops.

I think this makes it clear that at one point there were indeed soldiers being shipped home by way of commercial service. The fact that this was ever allowed to happen is still disgraceful. I hope the propaganda troll will finally see past his own bullshit and realize that the "media" that tells him that this whole story was made up by the "left wing" was/is lying to him.